Following the successful release of the fourth iteration of the popular HD Mesh freeware, Andras Fabian aka alpilotx released version 4 of his UHD Mesh today! See the core features:
General Characteristics of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are identical to those of HD Mesh Scenery v4 (you can read those on its own page). The advantages of UHD Mesh Scenery v4 are:
- Uses 30m DEM data (instead of 90m DEMs)!
- Landclass data for some areas (USA West, Europe Alps, Europe Pyrenees, Japan, New Zealand) was re-created with very high resolution (compared to the data used in HD Mesh Scenery v4) resulting in even better landclass representation.
- The triangle mesh resolution a lot higher than in HD Mesh Scenery v4:
- this give – obviously – even better representation of the 30m DEM data (slopes, mountains etc.)
- BUT this also vastly(!) improves the landclass data representation (which in X-Plane is very closely coupled with the triangle size in the mesh). This is most obvious with forest detail.
- OSM data is updated (its “date stamp” is 10th January 2018) . Which makes it newer than the data in UHD Mesh Scenery v4.
These are the available regions:
If you want to give this a try, head over to alpilotx’s website here. If you like what you see, consider a donation! 🙂