Wow, this day finishes with great news coming from Icarus Simulations. See their exciting announcement:
We are very happy to announce that our DC-9 project, after a lot of hiccups and delays, is finally back on track, and we are working at full speed!
The members of our team have experience in real aviation and engineering world, like Aerospace Engineering and flight dynamics testing, pilots, and software programmers. Also we are happy to inform you that part of our team, is a very experienced ex-Swissair DC-9 pilot to ensure the accuracy of the aircraft!
- The model will based on DC-9-32, in Swissair’s configuration. This will be the base configuration during development.
- Accurate flight dynamics, using NASA’s simulation tools!
- System’s simulation to the level that you can/need to operate the aircraft with use of the real aircraft’s manuals.
- Highly detailed and accurate 3D model.
- FullHD realistic textures with advanced PBR materials.
- Fully custom dynamic lighting.
- Many liveries. To our best, we will match cockpit colors with the liveries.
- High fidelity sounds, implemented with X-Plane’s new future, “FMOD”.
- VR support from v1.0.0. with full operational manipulators
We have opened a dedicated Facebook group, where we will post updates regularly. and discuss with you the development of this project. Feel free to join in!
Enjoy and leave your comments!”
I think we all can agree that the screenshot above shows a part of the hydraulic brake pressure system of the DC-9, who wouldn’t know that??!? While it looks very pretty, we are still missing wings and the actual body of the aircraft so release might be still some months away… 😉 Anyway, looking forward to this beauty! Icarus proved already that they are indeed capable of delivering a beautifully crafted aircraft and this will be no difference! I will keep you updated as this aircraft unfolds in the future!