Mike Wilson truly is a man of passion. Following the X-Plane 11 updates for his 707, DC-8 and Short Solent MK III he now just released the anticipated X-Plane 11 update for his Lockheed L-1011 Tristar series! See the release announcement:
“I’m happy to announce the release of the 11x L-1011 Tristars. This major upgrade utilizes 11x capabilities such as PBR metal and also many other improvements over the 10x Tristars.”
“The Lockheed L-1011 TriStar, commonly referred to as just L-1011 , was the third widebody passenger jet airliner to enter operation, following the Boeing 747 and the McDonnell Douglas DC-10. Like the DC-10, the Tristar is a three engine jet airliner. Between 1968 and 1984, Lockheed manufactured a total of 250 TriStars.
L-1011 Tristar Package upgraded to use 11x features:
- Package includes two versions: the -500 and -150 series Tristar.
- Both flight models have been flight tested by retired L-1011 pilot Andre Poirier.
- Mouse clicking now uses manipulators as opposed to the 10x version which had hard to click regions.
- All instruments have now been modeled in 3D.
- mbient occlusion.
- DLC (Direct Lift Control) plugin included to model this unique feature of this plane. (for windows only).
- Improved engine sound using plugin.
- 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity.
- Detailed normal mapping.
- Engine textures completely redone, with metal parts using PBR metal.
PBR reflective metal for:
- Belly on the -150
- Top for eastern fuselage
- Wings, elevators, engines
- Added wingflex
- Goodway Compatible.
- Detailed flight manual included
- Unique complex elevator animation, the Tristar has very unusual elevators that move similar to the F-18 but nose up includes the rear part moving upwards.
8 liveries for the 500 version
- Euro Atlantic, Air Lanka, ATA, BWIA, Pan Am, Saudi, A?ir Transat
5 liveries for the 150 version
- Eastern, Air Transat, Calidonian, Delta, TWA
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes. PSD files can also be opened by GIMP.
- 9 view presets included to reach easily flight engineer panel, navigational panels, radio, overhead
- X-Plane 11 standard 3D FMC with 2D pop-up window
- 2D X-FMC (provided separately)
- 3D CIVA with 2D pop-up window (provided separately), to navigate like the early days before GPS was available
- Standard VOR-NDB navigation
- Radio stack with Com 1/2 Nav 1/2 and ADF 1/2
- Complete checklist provided to replicate a cold and dark starting procedure
- Animated escape hatch
- Engineers panel is currently for eye candy only, this is planned for a future update.”
I usually don’t fancy classic airliners but boy, this bird looks sleek. I love it! Grab your copy now for just $25.00 at the x-plane.org store here.